John Lane & Terry Longshore hosted the 2014 PASIC focus day entitled, “Images of Sound: Innovations in Notation.” I was involved in a couple of the focus day concerts as well as the Tech Day 2.0 that was hosted by Scott Deal and took place on IUPUI’s campus.
- Wednesday, Tech Day 2.0: Auricle for microtonal berimbau & live processing, performed by Simone Mancuso, written by Jeremy Muller
- Thursday, Focus Day 9am concert: Kvadrat, performed by Andrew Burke, Jim Culley, Stu Gerber, and Jeremy Muller, written by Vinko Globokar
- Thursday, Focus Day 3pm concert: Al Otte presented a lecture/concert on Herbert Brün’s music. Pieces performed were:
- Mutatis Mutandis, performed by the Akros Percussion Collective
- Stalks and Trees and Drops and Clouds, performed by Jeremy Muller
- Plot for Percussion, performed by Kevin Lewis
- Touch and Go, performed by Al Otte
This year’s PASIC was a fascinating exploration of inventive notation and I was excited to see so much creativity in all the concerts/presentations. Check below for some additional photos including an excerpt of the score of the Herbert Brün piece I played. I’ll post any new photos that I find here.